Sunday, August 19, 2012

Living the Width, Vol. III {great reads}


It's time once again to share some of my favorite {great reads} from last month's edition of Living the Width! I love the variety of posts here - intentional living affects everything we do from the food that we eat to the games that we play...from how we spend our time to how we take care of our bodies.

It was REALLY hard to pick only a few posts to feature here, but here are a few of the highlights...



I love it when I come across pretty printables, and I love the message Carlia chose for this one as well. (And if you need further proof that Nice Matters, check out this post from my friend Theresa.)

"I saw this saying on a painting in a store recently and I fell in love with it! As great as it looked in the store, I thought I would put my own spin on it and offer it up as a free 8x10 printable for all of you."
{Download It Here}



I've been following Kat's blog since my experience with Hello Mornings! earlier this summer. Kat is all about intentional living and here she shares how she uses folders on her iPhone to help hold herself accountable such as filing her Facebook and Pinterest apps within a folder called "Nap/Bedtime" to remind herself not to peak while her kids are awake.

"It’s been about a week since I’ve implemented this idea and it has really impacted the way I use my phone. I am much more intentional. I create and connect more than I consume now, which is huge for me."
{Full Post Here}


No More Excuses // Melissa @ Grin & Barrett

Melissa is embarking on a 90 Day challenge centered around getting healthy, and I admire her determination and her heart. We are on week 90 (!) of our workout challenge, but summer has gotten away from me a bit and it's time to get serious about hopping back on the healthy living wagon.

"No more excuses. I am not doing this for you, or my husband, or the hundreds of other women in America who are overweight. I am doing this for me. Because at the end of the day, me is all that matters when it comes to being healthy."
{Full Post Here}



I love these DIY bean bags (& simple tutorial) Heather shared last month. My kids received bean bags as a gift one Christmas from my aunt and they were the most genius gift ever: simple, old school, and loads of fun fueled by imagination, not batteries. Heather's version is super cute too!

"This is a perfect project if you are a new sewer. Straight seams, minimal cutting, instant gratification! This is totally a naptime project. Or, in my case, a PopPop took the tiny child to Home Depot and Steak n Shake project. Ha!"
{Full Post Here}

Thanks again for sharing, bloggy friends! 
If you were featured, here's a button for you!

And get ready to share your posts at the next edition of Living the Width
(coming soon...look for it later this week)!

The Terpblog

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...